Last month, Revegy attended the SAMA (Strategic Account Management Association) Annual Conference in Chicago where thought leaders from all over the world came together to learn about and share how they improve their SAM practice. Tim Braman, VP, Corporate Strategy at Revegy, and Shad Williams, AVP for healthcare/technology leader Allscripts co-hosted a featured session, Allscripts Prescription for Key Account Planning Success, detailing Allscripts journey in evolving their strategic account program across people, process, and technology.
Allscript’s Shad Williams discussed the sales challenges that resulted from having no defined processes or consistency around account planning, which was especially evident after several acquisitions and fast-changing product offerings:
• Account planning that was specific to the geographic region or client department – no consistency
• No centralization of plans – lost key documentation when associates left
• Unable to mine data – insights weren’t being shared across organization
• Variations in formats and processes across teams – no common voice or methodology
• Missed out on opportunity to track meaningful activity through sales cycle
As a leader in healthcare information technology solutions, Allscripts understood the value of technology and automating processes that drive internal consistency and collaboration. They knew technology was the solution to their problem and weighed the options of buying versus building. With a paramount need for the solution to be flexible and easily customizable for their specific business needs, they selected Revegy’s Account and Opportunity Planning solution.
Watch the full SAMA presentation to see the lessons Allscripts learned in selecting a sales effectiveness tool and the key benefits of Revegy that drove them to make their decision.
Check out how other top-performing sales organizations are looking at their accounts.