You have made hundreds if not thousands of sales in your lifetime. You’ve been through the process more times than you can count. The nuances of a sale are not lost on you. However, are your sales managers hiring new reps? Or do you just like the idea of comparing your work to that of Indiana Jones? Either way, this article is for you. (Or those reps)
Let Indiana Jones teach you the basics of a sale.
1. Prospecting (cold calls and emails)
2. Someone shows interest and is open to a meeting
3. Discovery call to understand product-solution fit
4. Demo with the right stakeholders
5. Conceptualize solution and build value/ROI
6. Build a joint evaluation plan
7. Engage Legal/IT/Procurement
8. Take care of any final concerns/objections
9. CLOSE THE DEAL!
Now grab your whip and hat and go slay some deals! But, if you run up against that last-minute fallthrough, we’re sure you’ll be okay.